11 November 2014

My terrible experience with Private Internet Access (PIA)

I've tried a couple VPNs so that I could hide my computer's location. PC magazine and others recommended PIA (Private Internet Access) as a good option so I gave it a try. It was as if I'd downloaded an incredibly malicious virus. I ran both a virus and malware check along with a register cleaner, but nothing helped until I uninstalled the program. PC magazine mentions that some users had brought up issues. My guess is that the PIA service has either been hacked or it's taking over users' computers for some nefarious purpose--which is strange since it's a pay service. I did have better luck with UnblockUs. I'd prefer a service that I could easily turn on and off but I haven't come across any services with a simple toggle switch.

No comments: