13 November 2008

Zizek

Last night, I bought a bottle of Greek wine and watched a documentary on Žižek. With too much pragmatic American blood flowing through my veins, I don't quite know what to make of some of these European philosophers. He was definitely animated, entertaining, and intriguing. None of his conclusions seemed very constrained by any method--I could imagine him taking virtually every example cited and reaching the exact opposite conclusion--but maybe I'm being a stick in the mud: Slavoj would be a great guy to chat with while sipping a cappucino in a street cafe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Theres a good article about zizek on the new republic site which really decimates him, and which seems convincing. Cant post link because im on an iphone with no cut and paste! But check it out.