- Walsten (2005): A-list blogs tend to stick more closely to mainstream media coverage.
- Graf (2006): Bloggers, as a group, tend to despise the mainstream media, tend to be male, and are generally further on the extreme ends of the political spectrum.
- Drezner and Farrell (2004): Bloggers, in some cases, can construct or focus public discourse in significant ways. (For a more pessimistic view, look at this 2004 article in Mother Jones.) However, most bloggers have relatively little influence due to the way that the web manages traffic.
- Burbules (2008): Blog literacy should be taught along with other types of media literacy.
- For those who are really interested in the topic, there's a 2007 thesis on political blogging by Sharon Meraz.
8 November 2008
Research on the political blogosphere
I was looking at some recent academic research on blogs and found the following factoids:
Posted by Karlo at 7:02 p.m.