28 September 2008

You've been left behind!

I couldn't make this up if I tried:

Youvebeenleftbehind.com offers users the ability to store e-mails and documents that will be sent to up to 63 e-mail addresses six days after the rapture has occurred. Users get up to 250 megabytes of storage space, 150 megabytes of it encrypted for sensitive information such as bank account numbers or eTrade passwords that can be accessed by those who remain on earth.

I'm a bit disapppointed. I was sure that heaven would have email services. Evidently you get golden streets but poor wireless coverage.

3 comments:

P. E. Nolan said...

In-fucking-credible.

Perhaps God told Mr. Heard he better stop trading on-line if he wanted to quit his supermarket job in this ecomony. I like this story almost as much as the preachers in Mississippi who are working to genetically engineer heifers red enough to bring about the rapture

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/1998/07/20/1998_07_20_042_TNY_LIBRY_000015965

Karlo said...

Maybe they should focus on genetically engineering human intelligence and then apply the discovery to themselves. I keep hoping to hear that all these stories are just made up by bored tabloid writers.

ddjango said...

Google's developing an IM service for this.

Your point on GE is well taken. Transhumanism gets really scary when you consider that AI is being developed based on human thinking and decision-making.

I used to think that artifical intelligence was better than no intelligence at all, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Be at peace.