17 September 2008

Politics American style: Going south fast

I've always been of the humble opinion that Spain should separate from Europe and float on over to join its brethren in South America. It would make things a lot easier for us yanks, after all. How can anyone expect us to keep track of all them Spanish speakers when they live in diffrunt kontinunts. Evidently, I'm not the only gringo to have thunk such thoughts. Just such a reallignment of continental plates is apparently in the works if McCain becomes president:

INTERVIEWER: Senator finally, let’s talk about Spain. If elected president would you be willing to invite President Jose Rodriguez Louis Zapatero to the White House, to meet with you?

McCAIN: I would be willing to meet with those leaders who are friends and want to work with us in a cooperative fashion. And by the way President Calderone of Mexico is fighting a very, very tough fight against the drug cartels. I’m glad we are now working with the Mexican government on the Merida Plan, and I intend to move forward with relations and invite as many of them as I can, of those leaders to the White House.

INTERVIEWER: Would that invitation be extended to the Zapatero government? To the president himself?

McCAIN: Uh, I don’t, I, ya know, I, honestly, I have to look at the situations and the relations and the priorities. But I can assure you, I will establish closer relations with our friends and I will stand up to those who want to do harm to the United States of America.

INTERVIEWER: So you have to wait and see. If he’s willing to meet with you, would you be able to do it? In the White House?

McCAIN: Well, again, I don’t — All I can tell you is I have a clear record of working with leaders in the hemisphere that are friends with us and standing up to those who are not. And that’s judged on the basis of the importance of our relationship with Latin America and the entire region.

INTERVIEWER: OK, what about Europe? I’m talking about the president of Spain.

McCAIN: What about me what?

INTERVIEWER: OK. Are you willing to meet with him if you are elected president?

McCAIN: I am willing to meet with any leader who is dedicated to the same principles and philosophy that we are for human rights, democracy and freedom, and I will stand up to those who are not.

Maybe McCain will try to get the Panamanians to agree to the merger. The could use some extra land.

2 comments:

Comrade Kevin said...

Just ask him what the Monroe Document is. I bet he doesn't know.

Karlo said...

Is that the American document that allowed Spain to float over to Eurasia and become part of Europe?