I always thought I was far too intellectually superior to respond to one of these memes but that was before I was picked. So here's the juicy facts Glen (all the dirt you need when I run for president):
Seven Facts About Me
1) I don't know anything about cars, an intellectual lacuna that causes major embarrassments when shootin' the bull in standard male bonding situations. I have survived thus far by nodding a lot and muttering "totally awesome" when people talk about their souped up 486 chrome-plated whassamujigs that have totally awesome torque.
2) I'm never happier than when I'm standing on the peak of a mountain in the middle of the wilderness. If you hear of another McCandless-like character who didn't make it out of the Alaskan forests and Swerve Left has suddenly screeched to a grinding halt, you can make the right inferences.
3) I was the top wrestler in my high school and beat the guy who beat the guy who won the Washington State championship.
4) In college, I lived in a room that was just a little bit longer than I am tall. I had to sleep at an angle every night.
5) I have a gut aversion to capitalism that isn't even ideological. When I become king, we'll all wear long, gray Mao suits around as we all make exactly the same wage for unequal work. The system won't be terribly efficient but we'll perhaps get rid of some of the distractions from our endless chasing after plastic lawn ornaments. We will end up with some awesome park lands though. After I'm sent to hell for my years of dictatorship, I'll end up wandering eternally through endless strips of Walmarts with carts full of coupons and complicated credit card forms that I need to fill out to get that extra 20% off.
6) About the only place I like to visit in the city is old book stores. I rarely buy anything but spend hours browsing.
7) I'm becoming more and more convinced that Economic Growth, Family Values, Patriotism, and Capitalization Rules are all greatly overrated. Trout spearing and serial monogamy were the high points in human civilization.
For the next 7, I've tagged Katharine, Badtux, Vancouver Calling, Snowbabies, Cyberkitten, Mr. Anchovy, and Alicia Morgan.
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.