19 November 2007

The latest in snake oil

Another drug company is set to make a bundle of dough. It appears that a commonly used gluacoma drug makes eyelashes grow longer. Personally, I think this constant clamoring for eternal youth is deeply psychotic. Most human beings on the planet were able to live without all the eyelash and dick-enlargers, boob booster, botox wrinkle treatments, and other nonsense for thousands of years. Isn't all this nonsense just the modern equivalent of bound feet?

3 comments:

CyberKitten said...

I'm sure that we in the West could do a lot of good in the world with all the money we waste on trying to look young....

Karlo said...

It's true. I don't know if I'm imagining things but I swear when I look at old films that the film stars look more natural. I wonder if too much tinkering with one's looks at the plastic surgeon's office probably ends up destroying the natural symmetries of the body.

CyberKitten said...

It's a sickness on the mind...