I heard a rightwing radio host today whining about the pussyfooted Democrats who are turning sour on Iraq. What are these wishy-washy representatives and polical naysayers saying? And just who are these people, anyway? Well, let's play a little game today called "NAME THAT WIMP". Can you guess who said the following?
1. "Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is."
2. "You can support the troops but not the president."
3. "Well, I just think it's a bad idea. What's going to happen is they're going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years."
4. "Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?"
5. "[The] President . . . is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be away from home."
6. "I had doubts about the bombing campaign from the beginning . . I didn't think we had done enough in the diplomatic area."
7. "I cannot support a failed foreign policy. History teaches us that it is often easier to make war than peace. This administration is just learning that lesson right now. The President began this mission with very vague objectives and lots of unanswered questions. A month later, these questions are still unanswered. There are no clarified rules of engagement. There is no timetable. There is no legitimate definition of victory. There is no contingency plan for mission creep. There is no clear funding program. There is no agenda to bolster our over-extended military. There is no explanation defining what vital national interests are at stake. There was no strategic plan for war when the President started this thing, and there still is no plan today"
Now let's see how well you did. You get one point per correct response. Now use your mouse to highlight the section below:
(Quotes related to Clinton's Balkan campaign.)
1. -- Governor George W. Bush (R-TX)
2. -- Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)
3. -- Joe Scarborough (R-FL)
4. -- Sean Hannity, Fox News, 4/6/99
5. -- Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)
6. -- Senator Trent Lott (R-MS)
7. -- Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)
- ends here -