30 January 2006

Digging tunnels

While surfing the blogosphere today, I came across Torpark, a program that can be used to create "an encrypted tunnel from your computer indirectly to a Tor exit computer, giving the appearance of having the Tor exit computer's IP." I'm not geekful enough to grok the intricacies of such technologies but it gives me hope that the anarchists in hackerville will turn their energies away from cyber-vandalism and instead work on providing some way for us to keep our cyber-lives away from the prying eyes of our big brothers in the employ of government and big-business.

3 comments:

The Continental Op said...

I guess I'm even less geekful, because I don't even know what the hell a "Tor exit computer" is. Anyway, let's hope that the anarcho-hackers can keep a few steps ahead of Big Brother.

Karlo said...

It must work something like those remailing program that resend your email, scrubbing the "sender" information as it does so. But this is just a guess.

CyberKitten said...

There's LOTS of that kinda stuff about if you look for it. Some of it seems to be pretty good too the way various Governments try & stop it. Here's hoping.