6 October 2004

Supererogatory link

I came across a couple of interesting articles during the morning blogsurf. At Lenin's Tomb, we come across the interesting argument that the Left should attempt to "harness the might of the American state." Lenin's Tomb has thus won a link on this site in appreciation of the bold presentation of a truly bizarre idea (Why would we support a war that is being used as a facade for neocon politicl machinations?) and its use of the term "supererogatory" (Is this really a word or merely something mis-uttered at a recent Bush news conference?) Lenin hopes for some "confluence" between the interests of "the imperialists" and "those suffering under autocracy." Confluence? I figure there's as much chance as the Mississipi and Nile intersecting. Needless to say, I can't see any reason to "tactically support the war." In spite of the lack of confluence between my views with those of Lenin--this seemingly perverse political doppelganger, I have provided a link to his sight...supererogatorily.

The other tasty morsel in this morning's blog-soup was the discussion of "special renditions" on Making Light.

3 comments:

lenin said...

I'm afraid you have completely misunderstood me there. I am not making this argument, but attempting to articulate - as closely as I can - the arguments of the pro-war Left. I have opposed the war, and oppose the occupation. I also, just to piss the pro-war Left off, support the resistance. I think I would probably agree with the bulk of what you write here on your blog.

But thank you for the link, although it does seem to have been a supererogatory effort in this case. Alright, stupid pun, never mind...

Mountain Man said...

Sorry about the that. The truth is I was blog browsing a bit superficially at breakneck speeds, swerving left, right, and every which way (mostly leftward though) when I happened upon your blog. I didn't take time to look at the full context of your statement and simply shot from the hip. With two palms pressed in contrition, I ask for your supererogatory pardon.

lenin said...

How could I say no? You got it, dude. I'll enjoy looking round your blog. Look for some traffic coming from my site in the next few days.