8 September 2004

Wicker Park and Collateral

Last weekend, I watched both Collateral and Wicker Park. Expecting the worst, I was pleasantly surprised. At least I can say that both movies deserve to be called "entertainment" (more than can be said for most Hollywood fare these days.) Wicker Park suffers from a few flaws in the script's story-line but the acting and shooting are quite good. Collateral is of course violent and unrealistic in parts (I have a very hard time believing that anyone in the world can shoot with great accuracy with a pistol while moving but the script includes enough existential musings to make things interesting. Tom Cruise is good in this movie. Personally, I've liked his acting in every movie where he doesn't play the stereotypical pretty-boy American stud (Is it his acting or the character I dislike?) He was good, for example, in Vanilla Sky. Anyway, if you, like me, have no TV and are bored on the weekend, these two flix are probably some of the better one's available at the moment.

P.S. I noticed after posting this that a frikin bug--the Search Miracle bug--in my system is creating links from key words (I went back and delete them). Someone tell me who these SOBs are. (Where's Tom Cruise when you need him). I've tried to get rid of this Adware and nothing will get at it. It looks like I'm going to have to completely reinstall everything. Pisses me off.

If anyone else runs into this, they might want to look at this site where there's a post on steps to get rid of the bug. I've tried it and hopeful it's gone now.

No comments: